Air rifles are becoming great pastime and professional investments. Regardless of whether you want to use it as a pastime tool or your professional accessory, whatever you want to do with it determines exactly what you need to buy. For hunting, and shooting in a crowded neighborhood, you need a quiet air rifle. You need an air rifle which will not produce much noise to startle your target or noise that will be a nuisance to your neighbors. It is because of this that you really need to look for the quietest air rifle possible in the market.
Why you need a quietest air rifle
The rule of the thumb states that the air gun you use should be as quiet as possible. For the hunters, a noisy gun may startle the game thus making it to escape the shot you had otherwise accurately targeted. On the other hand, any other shooter needs a quiet rifle as the noisy ones may end up annoying your neighbors, something you really don’t want to do. As an entry level shooter, you may want to know what really it is that makes these rifles silent.
Air rifles aren’t just another rifle type for kids. Unlike previously when these accessories were designed and manufactured for kids, today, there is a rifle for regardless of whether you are seven or seventy. You need to learn and understand everything that is associated, featured and attributed to these rifles. Though there are many more things to look for in an air rifle, it is prudent that you consider going for the quietest air rifle.
First and foremost, the noise we hear upon shooting is always as a result of the exit of gases from the muzzle. Because spring-piston doesn’t use the gas technology to fire, they are quieter than their multi-stroke, pre-charged pneumatic or even the CO2 air rifles. Considering a spring-piston rifle may be a prudent move if silent products are being sought for as these are arguably the quietest air rifles.
Most of the air rifles today have been constructed with a shrouded barrel. This covering has been designed to reduce the noise of the air guns. With the shrouds being permanently attached to the rifles, the only sound to be heard upon shooting is that of the slammer spring, a sound that is very inaudible to many.
Noise Dampening Technology
Though the spring-piston powered guns tend to be the quietest air rifles, they are not as powerful and easy to use. As a result, in one way or the other, you may still need to have that CO2 powered machine. A general CO2 machine, as mentioned earlier, is a little bit quite loud. The good news is that these loud machines are today designed with noise dampening features. When choosing a quiet product, ensure that it features these technologies.
Main Air Riffle Feature
When searching for the quietest air rifle, never for get to look for the general features and attributes sought for in an air rifle. Do not forget to ensure that the product you go for is accurate, durable; lightweight though not too lightweight etc. you may also want to consider an air rifle that comes with additional accessories such as an air rifle scope among others.
Reviews of 5 Quietest Air Rifles in the Market
Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle
The Gamo Whisper Silent Cat is a great pest control air rifle, thanks to its quiet attribute. Because of this attribute, it is also ideal for urban surroundings as it will not be a nuisance to your neighbors. It has been silenced thus making it one of the quietest air rifles to hunt with. It will not alert the game.
- 1200-ft/second velocity with PBA
- Accompanying 4x32 scope with mounting rings
- .177 caliber
- One year limited warranty
- Skeleton stock
- The pricing is competitive when compared to its features
- Ergonomically designed to offer maximum comfort when using and holding
- It is a very quiet air rifle
- Very accurate when using it to shoot at long ranges
- It is lightweight
- Its accompanying scope is not the best of quality
- For those with bigger thumbs, the pistol grip cause discomfort as it’s a bit too small for you
- May be difficult to control, due to its lightweight
- Features a heavier trigger than the trigger you are accustomed with in most of the other air rifles
Upon understanding the quality as well as the traits of this product, you may be able to know and appreciate what it can do. If this product in addition to being the most quietest air rifle, has best features to suit you, go for it and give it a try.
Umarex 2251306 Fusion Combo 750FPS
One of the greatest mistakes you can ever do is to consider the price of an air rifle before researching on the features. The Umarex 2251306 comes with great features and benefits, not forgetting that it is one of the quietest air rifles in the market. However, in as much as it may be with great benefits, it also has its drawbacks. The product features a CO2 shooting technology for easy application. And to ensure that your target is not scared away, a sound dampening technology; the SilenceAir 5 has been incorporated in the design.
- 750.00 feet/sec velocity
- .177 caliber
- Accompanying 4x32 scope together with mount
- One year limited warranty
- CO2 Valve Technology
- Single shot pellet air rifle
- Lightweight synthetic stock
- SilenceAir 5 chamber for noise dampening
- Decent trigger
- Easy and accurate shooting
- Great Score in the RateAGun test
- Minimalistic noise levels
- Finicky pellet loading
- Features a troublesome and complicated tube cup
For a product that goes for less than $200, the product is great indeed as few air rifles can deliver anything close to its performance. However, for a sexier air rifle, you can consider spending a few more tens or hundreds of dollars. All in all, for a decent, ergonomically, accurate, lightweight and quietest air rifle that costs not more than $200, the Umarex 2251306 can be a great choice.
Winchester Dual Ammo .177 Cal. with 4 X 32 Air Riflex 40mm
This is a multi-pump air rifle that comes loaded with features you may really never want to lack in an air rifle. The thumbhole fit is likeable; thanks to the manufacturer for ensuring that the product well fits the wrist and hand thus providing better support and more relaxation. It is accompanied with a 4x32 scope for air rifles and is one of the quietest products in its category. The port provides a capacity of 50 BBs or a single .177 caliber pellets. With every single pump, your product gains more velocity with maximum velocity being attained upon reaching ten pumps.
- Textured Forearm Grip
- Multi-Pump air rifle
- Easy, quick BBs loading
- Dual ammunition
- Durable composite black stock
- Comfortable thumbhole stock
- Accompanied with a 4x32 scope
- Lightweight stock
- Sweet cool design
- Powerfully well built product
- High velocity
- Quietest air rifle in its category
- Cheap construction
- You will not love it if you are a pro as it is not the best
- Quite inaccurate
This air rifle will be a great product for the entry level shooters. If you have a son whom you want to train to be a professional hunter, then they can start their shooting experiences with this product. On the other hand, if you are looking for a professional option, you may have to consider something costlier.
Benjamin Marauder Synthetic Stock Pellet Air Rifle
This is an air rifle of its own class. Though not the best, it comes with great features that make it qualify to be in this list. The product comes with plenty of power and overall performance that makes the user happy. With the rifle, you are sure of shooting far away targets thanks to not only the power characterized with the machine, but its accuracy too.
- Ambidextrous synthetic stock design
- Adjustable cheek piece
- PCP for eliminating recoil
- Transparent window for monitoring the number of pellets remaining
- Inbuilt air pressure gauge
- 10-shot repeater design with auto-indexing
- 11mm Dovetail Accessory Rail
- Internal Shroud for noise dampening
- Chocked barrel for superior accuracy
- Adjustable to different velocities
- Compressed air up to 3000 psi
- Raised aluminum breech makes the loading of circular magazine easy
- 2155 cc air reservoir
- Extreme accuracy
- Good balance
- Extremely quiet air rifle
- Compatible with most ammo types
- Magazine fed hence easy use
- Great scope mounting
- Relatively heavier than some other rifles in the market
- Bolt pull is quite heavy
Something unique about this accessory is the fact that a user is able to fine tune the scopes to suit their own tastes and preferences. It also features a four chamber silence, designed to make it one of the quietest air rifles one can hunt with. Though it may not be the very best product in the market, within its range, it garners the best score.
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177 Caliber
The Whisper Fusion IGT is an air rifle that combines durability with maximum performance. Featuring a lightweight synthetic stock construction, the product has also been designed and constructed with the patented Inert Gas Technology (IGT) and a match grade fluted polymer barrel. Further features and design have ensured that the product is attributed with less vibration and consistent power. Other patented features incorporated in the design are the Custom Action Trigger (CAT) and the Shock Wave Absorber (SWA) for precision of shots and up to 74 percent recoil absorption respectively. Its non-removable noise dampener is capable of reducing up to 89.5% of noise hence making it of the quietest air rifles in the market, if not the very quietest of all.
- 29mm cylinder for power
- Whisper Fusion dual noise absorption technology
- 1300 FPS
- 0.177 caliber
- Gas piston power plant
- Shock Wave Absorber for absorption of up to 74% recoil
- Rear sight features fully adjustable fiber optics
- Front-sight features fixed fiber optics
- Break barrel
- Comes with 3-9x40 air rifle scope together with a mount
- Vertical adjustable cheek piece
- Ambidextrous performance
- Smoother shooting
- Durable construction
- Great balance
- Perfect accuracy
- Is powerful enough
- Smoother cocking
- No spring fatigue even upon being left in the cocked position
- Great performance even in cold weather
- Hard to cock for some people
- The scope isn’t the best
This gun, that qualifies as one of the best among the quietest air rifles is ideally the best plinking and hunting product. With the benefit of double noise-absorption that gives smooth & silent firing, the model incorporates great patented technologies that make the gun quiet, powerful, accurate and durable.