You have already overcome the question whether you need to acquire an AR 15 Muzzle Brake or not and now, you are wondering how you can lay your hands on the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake. You already know that muzzle breaks are essentially designed to release the gas venting from the muzzle of your gun and spread it in different directions thus reducing the recoil effect felt and as a result, the muzzle rise is reduced.
You also know that such reduction of muzzle rise improves one’s accuracy as well as reducing the energy you use on shooting. You are also probably aware that some muzzles are capable or reducing muzzle flash as well as suppressing sound and are convinced that a muzzle brake would be a great addition to your shooting expedition. Unfortunately, you don’t know how to get the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake. In this review, your concerns will be greatly demystified.
1. Things You Must Know
- First of all, you need to know the type of muzzle break you need
- You have factor in your price range in the search
- The gun you want to use the muzzle for (AR 15)
- Differences between brands.
2. How To Choose the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake
a. Muzzle Brake Type
Choosing the muzzle brake type you want should always be the first thing you should do. Muzzle brakes come with different additional functions. Some brakes will reduce recoil; others will reduce flash whereas others would even reduce noise. It will be important for you to know whether you are going for a muzzle brake that only does the work of muzzle rise management, or those that have flash and sound suppressors would do well for you. If your intent is to use the gun for hunting, flash suppressors and sound suppressors must be considered lest you startle the game and lose a shot that you had perfectly and accurately made.
Different muzzle brakes come with different styles and finishes with some brands being known for having some unique patented features. These features cut across all the products within a given brand name and may be unavailable in other brand names. It would be wise enough for you to take some time to research on these brands before narrowing down to the specific products.
Coming down to the products, it will be of great interest for you to seek for the reviews, recommendations and testimonials for and against the product that has impressed you. this way, you will be able to know if the majority of those who use the muzzle brake for the same purpose as your intended purpose were impressed with its performance or not. This enables you to make an informed decision that will enable you to end up with the best AR 15 muzzle brake in the market
c. Size and Weight
Your gun or rather rifle is already cumbersome enough due to its weight. Any additional weight and length will not only be a drawback on the side of accuracy but also cause a lot of tiredness. Any extra weight and increased size affects the balance of the weapon. The increased length will also affect the way you maneuver around with the weapon to bear on the game or other targets. Increase in length can also become an issue with ATF compliance. The best AR 15 muzzle brakes are therefore the shortest and lightest possible.
d. Suppressor Compatibility
You most likely are planning to keep your rifle silent. If that is so, your choice of muzzle break will get limited. The best AR 15 muzzle brakes are those that are compatible with sound suppressors. Often times, these products are fitted with an adapter for enhancing the compatibility. Even still, there are some muzzle brakes that are only compatible with limited number of suppressors whereas others are compatible with a wide range of them. It will be up to you to weigh options.
e. Thread Pitch & Caliber
Different muzzle brakes fit different threads and are compatible with different types and sizes of caliber. Not all the muzzles will be compatible with the most common 12-inch-28 types. Some have been designed for the 5/8-inch-24 (.308) etc. you must therefore first understand your rifle after which you can be able to choose the best AR 15 muzzle brake for the right thread pitch & caliber for the right barrel.
f. Barrel Length and Durability of the Muzzle
A lot of heat is always generated during shooting through the intensification of the super hot gas pressures produced. This can greatly reduce the life of a muzzle if they weren’t made using quality materials. The Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes are those that feature sturdy constructions, and have been made using tough materials such as stainless steel, not forgetting proper coating for extended use.
Reviews of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes
Precision Armament EFAB Hybrid Muzzle Brakes
Are you in the list of those rare people who will accept nothing but only the best? Then the Precision Armament EFAB has been developed and constructed for you. Remember, cheap is expensive. This product is the final destination for only those who will not complain about the price tag of just the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake.
- Designed to function with barrels of at least 10-inch length
- Fits any rifle with .223/5.56 with ½-28 muzzle thread specifications
- Closed bottom for reduction of dust signature
- Pilot hole for easy permanent mounting on the 14.5 inch barrels
- Addition of a Precision Armament Accu-Waher Muzzle Alignment Device makes installation easy and quick
- Electrochemical Fabrication (EFAB)
- Patented Ionbond high temperature CrCN coating for low light reflection and natural lubrication
- Looks very cool
- Low muzzle flash
- Great compensator performance
- Little increase noise/ concussion over A2
- Very nice machining
- Relatively high cost
- Additional shim kit isn’t included in the package thus separately bought
- Adds almost 0.5” to the weapons length over the A2
All these features have been incorporated in the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake to serve the purpose of diffusing and cooling the burning gases thus greatly reducing the noise levels.
Troy Industries AR-15 Medieval Muzzle Brakes
The Medieval™ Muzzle Brake is one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes that will guarantee you a steady stance during rapid firing. With a rugged construction, the brake improves control together with accuracy when on full auto and rapid fire. And its diamond-shaped teeth have been designed to aggressively come to use during close quarter battles.
- Construction features a heat-treated ordnance steel
- 5.56/.223 (1/2 x 28 TPI) 2.25-inch OAL
- When permanently attached, it is post ban compliant
- Rugged construction
- A2 style muzzle brake finish
- Diamond –shaped teeth pattern brake for enhancing a Close Quarters Battle (CQB) strike
- Parkerized for gas erosion and element resistance
- Accepts and increase the effectiveness of suppressors
- Mounted on the ½-28 TPI rifles
- Simple but very effective in control of muzzle rise
- Relatively cheap product
- A great entry level product
- Compatible with a wide range of sound suppressors
- Quite average for a discriminative buyer who only settles for the high end products
- Not as effective as its high end counterparts
This is one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake that is tough enough to come in aid during situations when a breaching device needs to be improvised.
SilencerCo AR-15 Saker Trifecta Muzzle Brakes
This can be termed as the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake for flexibility and multitasking. This is because in addition to curbing the pesky muzzle climb, it is also credited for its versatility to accept a suppressor. The only drawback about this feature is that only SilencerCo Saker suppressors are accepted. You really would have wanted an option that accepts a wide range of sound suppressors.
- Accepts a sound suppressor
- Easy switching with just a single hand
- 2 versions i.e. 5/8×24 threads for 7.62 rifle and 1/2×28 threads for 5.56 rifle
- 3-port design for easier follow up of shots
- 17-4 machined stainless steel construction
- 22 caliber (.223-.224)
- Nitride finish for enhanced durability even under such high rifle heats
- Workable price below $100
- Elegant and durable
- Easy installation
- Tough and great value
- Improved comfort as well as faster shot follow up
- Two versions to choose from
- Proven recoil reduction
- Limited option of sound suppressors it accepts
Just keep in mind that a majority, if not all the brand manufacturers tend to make an accessory for their products no wonder only SilencerCo Saker suppressors are compatible with this Muzzle brake.
VAIS AR-15 Muzzle Brakes
For those shooters who aren’t into Tacticool, yet are still in need of one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake and an effective one in that case, then the VAIS AR-15 in your final destination. The product is great for its ability to offer effective control of muzzle rise through diffusion of muzzle blast via the use of multiple gas dispersion holes laid at 360 degrees. This allows faster, even and effective venting of gas.
- Effective muzzle rise control
- Blast diffusion technology
- Multiple holes laid at 360 degrees for even and faster gas venting
- Stainless steel construction with a matte finish or finished with matte black in conjunction with manganese phosphate
- Fits the .223/5.56mm rifles and a standard of 1/2×28 threads and
- Great performance in muzzle rise control
- Sturdy durable construction
- Great customer care associates on standby
- Some muzzle brakes are cheaper
This is yet another very simple quality product that has proven to be a great performer and a better option for many shooters. It is versatile, durable and efficient in what it does. If you are a shooter who has been disappointed by the previous brake you bought, this is the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake for your rifle.
DPMS AR-15 LOWER RECEIVER COMPLETE WITH M4 STOCK ASSEMBLY
Get your AR-15 firearm geared up with this robust DPMS -AR -15 Lower receiver complete with M4 stock assembly. The receiver has an agile design and everything about it has been given special attention. This receiver is a complete product of 7075-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. This means that strength and tenacity are two major characteristics that the receiver has.
- DPMS is made from the 7075-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. This material is strong and no amount of the external forces will be able to affect its performance.
- Has mil-spec hard coat anodized which provides an extra protection.
- The assembler is coated with Teflon giving it total protection against wear, tear and scratch resistance.
- The M4 lower of the assembler is equipped with 6-position collapsible carbine stock which is made of impact-resistant polymer. These features ensure that you will handle the firearm with much ease even when you feel worn out.
- Has a sleek and attractive design.
- Is easy to handle.
- Is resistant to wear and other aggressive physical forces.
- Flexible and easy to handle
- The assembler is quite heavy and this could be because of the dense material that was used to make it.
If you need to give your AR-15 some sense of class and also improve on its functionality, then get the DPMS -AR -15 lower receiver complete with M4 stock assembly. It has features and functionalities that would definitely impress anyone who is passionate with the firearms.
BATTLE ARMS DEVELOPMENT INC. - AR-15 BAD-15 FORGED LOWER RECEIVER
Battle arms development better known as BAD is known for producing the best weapons and arms accessories for a while now. One of such accessories by Battle Arms is the AR15 BAD lower receiver. And as an arms owner or a person who frequently deals with firearms, you should know that each and every part of a firearm is equally important towards giving you superior performance and that includes the receiver.
This Battle Arms forged lower receiver is an excellent accessory whose quality and craftsmanship is just out of this world. Designed and built with precision and quality in mind, this BAD forged lower receiver is the best you will get for a receiver.
- This BAD lower receiver is made with quality aerospace 7075-T6 forged aluminum which makes it strong and durable.
- It features a multi-caliber marking that makes it highly versatile
- Also, this lower receiver by BAD features a 3D laser cut BAD logo which ultimately exudes the top quality manufacturing in this particular arms accessory.
- Other features include ultra EDM cut Magwell for dimensional accuracy, consistency, and reliability.
- The receiver is easy to install on the gun
- High build quality and finishing
- Offers dimensional consistency and reliability
- Offers superior performance
- This forged lower receiver is priced higher compared to other types in its class.
If you are looking for a reliable lower receiver, high quality and a precise fit for your AR15, then get this amazing forged lower receiver from Battle arms technology. Although its price may be on the higher side, the performance and everything that comes with it is top notch. Excellent value for your money.
The Walker Defense Research ARMA Muzzle Brakes
This product shows exactly how the shooting industry is fast advancing in technology. The pace at which growth is being experienced is fevered and there is a great focus on the buildup or improvement of a better mousetrap. The ARMA (Adaptive Role Muzzle Apparatus) has been designed with the intent of improving the shooting performance of your AR.
- Greatly reduced recoil thus preventing a muzzle climb
- Upward flash for impediment of target acquisition
- Low light compatibility
- Short length for AR Muzzle Apparatus
- Features the Neutralizing Energy, Remain at Origin (NERO) for counter recoil
- Recoil reduction of more than 50%
- Keeps muzzle flash to minimum
- Can be scaled down or up to any caliber between 5.56mm NATO and .50 BMG or even slightly more.
- QD (Quick-Detach Suppressor Mounts)
- Great counter-recoil force
- Overcomes most of the major deficits in the compensators and muzzle brakes available
- Reduces rearward & lateral concussions
- Reduces muzzle rise
- Great use under low illumination
- Compatible with all firearms
- A little bit quite too short for some shooters
This is one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes, credits to the fact that it is capable of meeting the growing demanding needs of the Law Enforcement Officer, the War Fighter and all the other daily shooters including you.
The factors mentioned above would really do you a lot of good as you try to ensure that you get your hands on to only the very Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake that your money can buy. In addition, if you make the decision of taking one of the products reviewed above, you will never go wrong. Our best bet is the Precision Armament EFAB Hybrid Flash Hider & Muzzle Brakes which is durable and combines the much sought for functions of flush reduction, muzzle rise management and sound suppression. You will never go wrong with this product.